Sunday, August 23, 2009

starting my literature

"Does culture of a religion has impact on perception and attitudes towards business", this will be my problem statement. But of course, this will refine along my literature.

I will study the comparison between the cuture (or maybe countries) influence the attitude towards business. This will be cross culture and a study between religion and culture. In Malaysia, we have different types of races, and different types of Muslims, including Indian Muslim, Chinese Muslims and Muslims by originality. Each of them has different attitudes, trend and peceptions towards business, rite? Eg... why the indian muslim or chinese muslim are more advanced than the original Muslims or Malay.. ? I guess this is more to sociological kind of study, but i will find my way to look alike business school perspective...

With this i have to start reading on the protestant group, coz they are among the business pioneer and more business minded, roman chatolic could not beat them. Browsed on Timur Kuran, as Prof NI asked me to follow his writing style (he is prof in Duke Uni!..I to follow his style... owh.. !!!). I even had dowloaded articles about Max Weber. His most famous work is his essay The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism, which began his work in the sociology of religion. Check his details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Weber.

Rabbi Yassir Wala Tu' Asir

Wish be best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment